Lunes, Pebrero 6, 2017

Memories of a Certain Soul: 01


Cold wind blew out from nothingness seemingly taunting a little girl laying on a stone pavement. The little kid is so - starved, her flesh gone white and the bones are more noticeable. She wore thin clothes, a rare - very unusual during this time of year. Some snow had fallen unto her head. Despite this very chilling situation, she looked upon the gentle heaven with hopeful eyes.


'My God, who is it that I am going to meet?' I asked.


'Or, could it be that You are going to take me, right now?'

But before this happened, I think - because my memory is somewhat blurry, I was deserted by some people in a place foreign to me. A place with no people whom I could trust myself; that I must stay awake. I heard from some people that if a person sleep on a frozen street, he will die - so I might as well (possibly?) which I don't dare to hope. Due to this coldness, I am suffering from fatigue and my eyes failing to blink and my mind - it is quite becoming drowsy.


Again, the wind brushes my hair like a caring mother. My body feels numb.

Then - I fell down to ground. But, warm hands have caught my quite frozen body.

I've fallen asleep on a foreign street, yet I smiled.

----------------------------------

Image Source:
  • Emer Nestor (2014). Review: Love in a Cold Climate at the National Concert Hall. GeneratePress and WordPress. Retrieved from: http://emernestor.com/?p=180


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento